What is tag-based tracking?
We integrate with your marketing tools natively & use a tag-based tracking approach as our source of truth to not rely on in-accurate cookies or UTM tracking links.
This means that instead of link-based tracking (like adding UTM parameters) or pixel-based tracking (Facebook ad pixel or Google Analytics pixel), Wildmetrics uses a tag-based tracking solution.
Before I explain the solution, let me go over the problems our solution aims to solve.
Problems with pixel-based tracking are:
- Different metrics reported by different tools (Facebook ads manager vs. ActiveCampaign). What's real?
- More and more people use ad blockers or browsers (like Brave) that block pixels from firing. This will increase in the future.
Problems with link-based tracking:
Extremely inconvenient and time consuming to apply variables (like UTMs) on all your ad campaigns or links inside emails. In order to be able to read variables you still need a pixel which exposes you to additional problems mentioned above.
General problems with current analytics solutions:
We are sure you know this feeling. You go to Facebook ads manager, Google Analytics, ActiveCampaign, Calendly, your sales CRM and collect your data manually. You then copy & paste all data into a Google Sheet and try to make sense of the data. Most marketers don't even get to this point. If you do, good on you. But..
Your data is still not accurate as data points can only be collected from tools that don't speak with each other and therefore your numbers will be wrong. Have a look at the video below where I explain this further detail.
What's the solution?
You need a solution that natively integrates with the tools you work as a performance marketers:
- Traffic Tools (Facebook ads, Google ads etc)
- Email/Funnel Tools (ActiveCampaign, MailChimp etc..)
- Payment Tools (Stripe, PayPal)
Let us introduce you to Wildmetrics :-)
Wildmetrics (WMX) combines the following analytics tools:
- Traffic Analytics (Google Analytics)
- Lead Analytics (Facebook ads, ActiveCampaign)
- Funnel Analytics (ActiveCampaign, Calendly, Typeform ..)
- Customer Analytics (ChartMogul, Baremetrics etc..)
You can try out WMX for free here.